First National Real Estate Mudgee - Registration & Licensing

Real Estate Agents Licence

A Real Estate Agent’s Licence is necessary if you wish to own and operate your own agency or if you wish to work as a commission only Salesperson.

It is not a necessary pre-requisite to entering the industry and of course there are many very successful Property Managers and Salespeople who do not hold a Real Estate Agent’s Licence.

There are a number of pre-requisites that you must obtain in order to be awarded a Real Estate Agent’s Licence:

·          You are 18 years or over
·          You are a fit and property person to hold a licence
·          You hold a certificate of registration
·          You have completed an approved licensing course
·          You are not a disqualified person (see Office of Fair Trading website for definition of disqualified person).

The Office of Fair Trading is the licensing body for NSW.  All decisions in regard to what constitutes full-time employment, and the various licence categories are the responsibility of this body.

Certificate Of Registration

If you want to enter the Real Estate industry as a Salesperson or Property Manager, you must undertake a Course in Property Practice in your chosen specialty area and obtain a Certificate of Registration.

 To gain the Certificate of Registration itself you must be working for a real estate firm, you must also be at least 16 years old, and you must pass all the assessments in the course.

 You must undertake this 40 hour pre-employment course with a registered organisation.