A ROYAL ABODE!SOLD AT AUCTION - FINAL BID: $300,000
Formerly the Royal Hotel (circa 1918) and boasting the location for the filming of the 1956 movie "The Shiralee", this beautifully renovated building has been lovingly transformed into a private family home situated mid-way between Coolah and Coonabarabran.
Featuring ten bedrooms, multiple living areas, a workshop, a library and an underground cellar, the meticulous renovation, presentation and level of cleanliness this property is offering is a credit to the current owners and is sure to impress.
It is obvious that great care has been taken throughout the renovations to preserve the iconic spaces and features of the original building.
This truly is the tree change you have been dreaming of and/or the perfect property to host guests as an Airbnb or any other form of accommodation rental.
• Expansive polished timber floors throughout
• Historic tiles in the living areas have made a unique feature on the walls
• Multiple spaces allow room for all hobbies and currently house an art studio, gym, music room and study
• The downstairs hallway is a real treat filled with "The Shiralee" memorabilia
• Beautiful stained-glass windows in the lounge and kitchen
• Original timbers from the old bar have been hand-crafted into bench tops and various furniture pieces have been made from the original staircase
Outside, the 2,000+m² block has been beautifully landscaped and filled with more than 100 trees and shrubs, plus:
• A flower picking garden brimming with peonies, dahlias, liliums, tulips, ranunculi and iris just waiting to burst forth in Spring
• An organic vegetable patch
• Gorgeous water feature
• Double lock-up garage with attached garden shed plus storage space
Central to the garden stands a fully-equipped outdoor kitchen and undercover dining area plus a centrally located kitchen within the expansive living area making this residence an entertainer's paradise.
All just a short walk to the amenities and conveniences this quaint little town has to offer, including a supermarket, chemist, primary school and high school, bowling club, golf club and local hotel, news agent, rural supply store, tennis courts and a boxing gym.
For further information or to arrange an inspection, please contact Bob Proestos on 0402 244 497 or the Sales Team at First National Real Estate, Mudgee on (02) 6372 3000.